Well, I’ve been nominated for a blogging award! The Liebster Award Nomination is for newer bloggers! It’s a way for the blogging community to be seen by others and hopefully help with growth of their blog. I have to say, since I started the Blogging 101 course, I’ve learned SO much more about the blogging community as a whole and I love it. I’ve found other writers, and photographers, that I never would have ever known about. Like John @ http://johnjzokovitch.com/ who nominated my blog!
Thanks for the nod John…it sure is appreciated by me.
So with the award comes a set of responsibilities. The first is 10 questions from John for me to answer. Here goes…
- What’s the story behind your blog name? My blog name has changed 3 times! It started as Babybago’s Ramblings about 3 years ago. I didn’t ramble too much. I changed it this past year to The Positive Pen, because I wanted all and only positive things to govern the site. Recently, with the direction of my writing “business” wanting a more settled place to be, I created The Travelling Quill. Travelling because that will be the bulk of my professional writing…and Quill because it led me to think more creatively than just Pen!
- Who is the one person who you think reads most of your posts? My sister. She tends to catch up to a bunch all in one sitting, but she reads them all. And my partner. She reads usually before I even “post”.
- Last meal on your last day? This was a tough question. Do I splurge with a fancy meal or go for it on some serious junk food? I think I’d end up in a steak house with a nice lean piece of sirloin, an overstuffed baked potato, fresh broccoli, and dessert just to throw it over the edge!
- Dog or cat? No contest here…BOTH
- Where do you fall in the birth order in your family? (Oldest, youngest, middle child, etc.) I am 4 of 5. Sounds a bit like StarTrek!
- Have you ever deleted a post after it has already appeared on your blog? Optional: Why? I never have, don’t think I would. The cool part about a blog is that it belongs to you. If your stuff is too racey, people don’t have to read it.
- I post mainly via my ________________ (laptop, tablet, phone, desktop, other). I’m a desk top girl.
- What is the strangest place you have been in the last year? I think the strangest place would be a conference in Scottsdale with a room FULL of extroverts. Had a difficult time reaching out. I’m not good with strangers!
- What is the last really kind thing someone did for you? Fridays my baby lets the cats in room to gently wake me with their nudging and purring. NO alarm clock.
- What will you do next after you finish answering these questions? Have lots of research to get going on for my trip to Colorado in June!
Now for the rest of the rules that go with this award.
- Each nominee must have under 200 followers
- Thank and link to the nominating blog
- Answer their 10 questions and propose 10 new ones for your nominees
- Nominate 10 blogs and tell them that they’ve been nominated
- Write a post containing the questions
- Include these rules in the post
Nominated blogs: Some of these are under 200 followers, some are not. These are blogs that really spoke to me and the timer cut me off from spending too much more time scrolling the blogo-sphere looking for new blogs!
Questions to answer:
- You started blogging because…
- What is the best time of day for you for blogging?
- Favorite food is?
- Do you want home cooked or take out?
- What is your biggest fear?
- Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
- Have you heard of The Iditarod?
- Would you rather travel via plane, train or automobile?
- Do you prefer quiet or lots of noise/action?
- If there were NO obstacles, and I mean none, what one thing would you like to do right now that you are not doing?
Thanks for playing along. No worries if you can’t! It’s all good.